Korea | Duke of Loyalty and Warfare
Leadership | Garrison | Defense
This commander is exclusively available for kingdoms over 310 days via Wheel of Fortune.
- Legendary Garrison Commander, Yi Sun-sin (YSS) is great for defending any garrison, one of the best in Rise of Kingdoms.
- He is not a commander who has a fixed type of unit to defend a garrison, on the contrary, his strength is based on the use of mixed troops thanks to his ultimate skill “Broken Moon” in addition to having “Leadership” talents that increase statistics when using mixed troops.
- As a garrison commander he is really strong, all his skills make YSS a natural defender of any fortress, flag or city that is under his command.
- His role as a commander in both the Primary and Secondary game is excellent, he performs as a unique commander in his style thanks to the effectiveness he has in any situation or task that we assign him.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Garrison commander, one of the most capable for PVP in Rise of Kingdoms thanks to his skills and talents.
- It has a powerful skill active in AOE when defending garrisons.
- His impeccable defense and attack are very effective in garrison, in addition to the use of mixed troops.
- Excellent both primary and secondary.
- It does not have a healing factor.
- He does not have any skills or talents for PVE, he is destined to be a PVP commander garrison.
Yi Sun-sin Skills
Duke of Loyalty and Warfare
|Requirement: 1000 Rage
Field Battles: Deals direct damage to the target (Damage Factor 1000). Garrison: Deals damage to up to 3 targets in a fan-shaped area (Damage Factor 600), but each target receives 15% less damage per additional target struck. In field battles and garrison battles, damage dealt also reduces target movement speed by 10% for 3 seconds.
Battle of Myeongnyang
|Normal attacks have a 10% chance of increasing your defense by 5%, and all damage by 5% for 3 seconds when this commander is fighting within your Alliance territory or serving as garrison commander at a stronghold.
|Increases troop defense by 10%. Increases troop damage by 5% when troop units under your command drops below 50%.
|Increases attack of garrison troops by 5% when this commander is serving as garrison commander.
Gains a 10% chance of receiving a shield (Damage Factor 300) plus 10% more counterattack damage for next 3 seconds when attacked.
|Increases troop attack by 20% and defense by 20% when commanding two or more unit types.|
Yi Sun-sin Talent Trees
When selecting YSS as one of the main commanders on our list, we must be clear that only this has a single purpose in Rise of Kingdoms and it is to defend any type of garrison in an exemplary way.
His skills and talents are a perfect mix of a true guardian, “Duke of Loyalty and Warfare” his active skill has two forms of use, for open field and in garrison, both cause direct damage to his enemy, however, when used from a garrison the damage becomes AOE affecting up to 3 targets, an excellent skill.
“Battle of Myeongnyang” is another great skill, the defense and attack improvement that this provides to all YSS troops is incredible, they make him a powerful leader with any of the units he leads.
YSS, when decreasing its troops to 50%, will activate its passive skill “Geobukseon” is like “Battle of Myeongnyang” it will increase the defense and attack of its troops, but this time in a higher percentage, if we add both percentages to the YSS reduce 50% of his troops (Defense: + 50%, Attack + 35%) something really sensational.
“Winged Formation” his 4th fundamental skill when defending any garrison as it provides powerful benefits, damage increase, counterattack and a probability of activating a defending shield with a certain amount of DPS absorption, we can say that it is his main skill to serve the Garrison.
In this build we will focus YSS on a single destination as we have explained and that is to use 100% to defend the Garrison that it leads thanks to its powerful skills and talents:
- Impenetrable Fortifications: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, damage taken by the garrison from the attacking army is reduced by 6%. Excellent talent to reduce the damage received by our troops.
- Empty Fortress Stratagem: While this commander is serving as garrison commander, increases dealt to attacking armies by 6%. YSS will hit our enemies even harder while commanding our Garrison.
- Impregnable: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, skill damage taken by the garrison is reduced by 15%. A powerful talent, very effective against high damage skill commanders like GK, Saladin, Guan Yu, YSG or Edward.
- Nowhere to Turn: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, grants an additional 6 rage every time the city is attacked. Our active skill will have less cooldown thanks to this talent.
- Adamantine Walls: Increases watchtower defense by 15% when this commander is serving as a garrison commander. The Watchtower are the main defense of any city in Rise of Kingdoms, with this talent we will enhance their defenses for greater durability when we are being attacked.
- City Guardian: Increases watchtower attack by 15% when this commander is serving as a garrison commander. We will enhance the damage of our watchtower; the enemy casualties will be much greater.
- Kings Guard: Increases garrison attack, defense and health by 3% when this commander is serving as garrison commander (no effect when garrisoning cities). Excellent talent to improve the defense, resistance and attack of our troops garrisoned in Fortresses and Flags. Emphasize again that it does not work when we defend Cities.
- Know Thy Enemy: While this commander is serving as garrison commander, damage reduction effect is enhanced by 9% if the garrison becomes surrounded. When more than two attackers come after YSS garrisoned in his defenses, he will have a damage reduction of 9%, very good.
- Divine Favor: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, gives the garrison a 10% chance to receive damage-absorbing shield (Damage Factor 500) after being attacked. Thanks to this last talent we will have a 2nd damage absorption shields ideal for our resistance.
- Master Armorer: When troops led by this commander enter battle, increases defense by (1.5% Commander Star Level) %. Multiplying the maximum possible star, 6 x 1.5 = 9% Defense for our troops. Excellent!
- Healing Herb: Enhances healing effects received by troops by 9%. YSS does not have any healing skills, however, we can use a secondary commander with this type of skill and increase the percentage of their healing thanks to this talent.
- Fresh Recruits: Increases maximum troop capacity by 3%. Excellent talent to increase our troop capacity.
- Armed to the Teeth: When armies led by this commander contain 3 or more different unit types, all damage dealt increased by 1%. Great talent for having mixed troops.
- Armored to the Teeth: When armies led by this commander contain 3 or more different unit types, all damage taken is reduced by 3%. Very good.
When defending any type of garrison, YSS will have, thanks to this build, talents that will reinforce and improve each of its skills. We once again emphasize that the objective of this commander in Rise of Kingdoms is only to protect structures from any type of attack thanks to its excellent use of mixed troops, it is not recommended in any other form of game.
Alternative Garrison Build
- Burning Blood: Grants an additional 6 rage every time this commander’s troop are attacked.
- Strategic Prowess: After using a skill, increases troop defense by 20% for the next 2 seconds. YSS when using “Duke of Loyalty and Warfare” will gain 20% extra defense to benefit his army, excellent!
We can use several talent alternatives with YSS for its defensive versatility, in this alternative we gain a powerful defense thanks to “Strategic Prowess” while we use “Duke of Loyalty and Warfare” at the same time we have “Burning Blood” a talent that the more attacks we resist more rage regeneration we will have what will allow us to unchain our active skill again and again quickly and reuse “Strategic Prowess” continuously, thus gaining its defensive buff of 20% for 2 seconds.
Best Commanders Pairings for Yi Sun-sin
Recommended Equipment for Yi Sun-sin
|40 days||Cavalry Attack +8%
Infantry Attack +3%
Archer Attack +3%
|72 days||Cavalry Defense +13%
Archer Health +6%
Infantry Health +4%
|48 days||Cavalry Defense +8%
Archer Attack +5%
|32 days||Archer Attack +4.5%
Infantry Attack +3%
Cavalry Attack +3%
|48 days||Archer Defense +8%
Cavalry Defense + 5%
|32 days||Archer Health +5.5%
Cavalry Attack +3%
|Total||272 days||Cavalry Attack + 22%
Cavalry Defense + 21%
Cavalry Health +0%
Archer Attack + 15.5%
Archer Defense + 7.5%
Archer Health +11.5%
Infantry Attack + 9%
Infantry Defense + 0%
Infantry Health +4%