Full changelogs of the Rise of Kingdoms update version 1.0.41: “Snowy Christmas” on December 16, 2020.
Snowy Christmas Update Summary
1. Simplified mode to lag less.
2. Permanent increase of AP bar by 500 (from 1000 to 1500).
3. Barbarians now drop equipment material. But seems like this also removed the 5m speedup rewards.
4. Heroic Anthem fixes (quest)
5. Two-timer-bigger alliance mother lode. (gold)
6. Scouts now sit for 5 minutes after clearing the fog, before they come back.
7. Zenith of power includes an infantry skin.
8. Structures (flag/fort) now burn faster thus making it easier to penetrate zone 4 to capture structures.
9. Two of the alliance skill can now be used often as the timer was reduced.
1. Shorter eve of the crusade
2. Marauders now give just a little speedup.
3. Barbarians now also give healing speedups (which lowered the chance of universal speedups)
4. Gap between KvK had lessened, therefore less time to recover.
5. Gen 4 commanders aren’t locked behind a timer and works as gen 3.
6. Can’t buy AP for gems before you run out of pots.
1. Bunch of bug fixes no one looks into.
2. MGE now has the 6th stage
3. Holiday event (May have a new event)
4. Kvk 1 and 2 timers were lowered to 49 days.
1. “Snowy Christmas” Events
(Will go live within 1 week after the update)
The distant jingle of reindeer bells and a coating of powdery snow mean Christmas is coming! Participate in Christmas events to get a limited-edition city theme and other great rewards!
- Christmas Miracle: I found what looks like a Treasure Map fragment in my stocking. Could it be…?
- Ice and Snow: 7 days of questing for great rewards!
- Christmas Journey: Earn present points to unlock great rewards together with your allies!
- Winter Story: Collect Icy Snowflakes to use in the “Christmas Journey” event.
- Memories of the Journey: Exchange for a wide variety of prizes, including a new city theme!
- Treasure Hunt: Collect Treasure Map fragments and hunt for treasure!
- Race Against Time: Who can eliminate the most barbarians in a short period of time?
- Zenith of Power: Gain power as much as you can to earn a place at the top!
- Christmas Friendship: Channel your inner Santa Claus by giving Christmas gifts to your friends! See the Event Calendar for a detailed schedule.
2. “Lost Kingdom” System Optimizations
In order to help newer Governors experience later-game content as soon as possible, we have quickened the pace of “Lost Kingdom” events.
At the same time, equipment-related rewards have been added to help Governors get equipment for their commanders faster.
- Adjusted the duration of the first two seasons of “Lost Kingdom” to 49 days each.
- Lowered the requirements of some “Crusader Achievements”, and added equipment-related rewards.
- Decreased the duration of each stage in “Eve of the Crusade” from three days to two days.
- Adjusted the reward drops of Kingdom Supply Chests and added more equipment-related rewards.
- Added equipment material rewards to the possible reward drops from defeating barbarians and marauders.
3. “Lost Kingdom: Season of Conquest” Optimizations
We continue to optimize the Season of Conquest in order to offer a richer experience for Governors who have already been through 3 seasons.
1) Added a new Story: “Strife of the Eight”, featuring a modified version of the classic season 2 map, with some special content added in from the Season of Conquest! Among 8 camps, who will reign supreme? Sign up for the event, and it might be you!
2) Optimized the Bastion Commander quest system. You can now give up on accepted quests.
3) Optimized the unlocking process for support skills in “Lost Kingdom: Heroic Anthem”. Once you meet the unlock conditions, you can directly unlock the corresponding support skill in the support skill menu.
4) Optimized map elements, adding caves and villages which can be explored by scouts once the fog concealing them has been revealed (will not appear in seasons already in progress).
5) Added a cross-server View Bastion feature. You can now see the status of Bastions in other Lost Kingdoms.
6) Optimized some screens to make them simpler and more intuitive.
7) Optimized some sound effects.
4. Alliance System Optimizations
1) Optimized the logic for extinguishing fires in alliance buildings. Alliance members can extinguish the fires in alliance buildings that have been burning for a set time (20 minutes for alliance flags, 30 minutes for the center fortresses, and 60 minutes for alliance fortresses). At the same time, the cooldown for extinguishing fires has been removed.
2) Optimized the logic for alliance building durability recovery. Alliance buildings will gain the “contending” status when the garrison is in combat with an attacker, and will not recover durability. Alliance buildings can now only recover durability when they do not have the “burning” and/or “contending” status. Burning alliance buildings will continue to lose durability if they are being contended. The above two adjustments should speed up fights for alliance buildings, and help avoid long, excessively time-consuming struggles.
3) Reduced the cooldown for two alliance skills. “Nature’s Gift” has been decreased from 72 hours to 24 hours, and “Fully Loaded” has been decreased from 48 hours to 12 hours. These adjustments should allow Governors to use these skills more efficiently, and at the same time alleviate the issue where alliances have no target for alliance donations because they have completed all alliance technology research.
4) Increased the gold reserves of Alliance Mother Lodes.
5. Other Optimizations
1) Optimized the matchmaking rating calculation for Ark of Osiris to improve balance.
2) Optimized the “The Mightiest Governor” event by adding a 6th stage. Stage 6, “Sprint for the Win”, lasts one day, and allows players to earn points through a variety of ways. At the same time, the duration of Stage 5 (“Enemy Elimination”) has been decreased from two days to one day (will not affect any “The Mightiest Governor” events currently in progress). The first “The Mightiest Governor” event of each kingdom will still only have five stages, and will last for 5 days.
3) Added an option to have scouts hold position after they finish exploring. They will still come back to your city on their own after a set time if given no further instructions.
4) Optimized the text of some commander talents regarding garrisons and strongholds to make terminology more consistent (actual effects have not changed).
5) Optimized the march speed display in unit details. March speed will always be shown as a number now, which should be clearer.
6) Optimized the action points system by increasing maximum action points from 1,000 to 1,500, and granting all Governors a claimable extra 500 free action points per day. At the same time, Governors can now only purchase action points when they have zero action point recovery items.
7) Added categories to the decorations menu to make it easier for Governors to find the decorations they want.
8) Optimized the choice logic for wounded troops in hospitals. When you enter a hospital now, all wounded troops will be selected by default. At the same time, hospital capacity for lower-level hospitals has been increased to be more reasonable.
9) Optimized display for iPad devices. Governors playing on iPads will now see a display that better fits their screen.
10) Optimized the logic for sharing city layouts. In order to avoid confusion with the coordinate sharing function, your own city layout can now be shared from the city editor, and you can share other Governors’ layouts while viewing their cities.
11) Added settings for commander voice acting. You can now manually choose whether or not commander voices will play when you give marching orders.
12) Added a Simplify Graphics Mode feature which can be turned on manually.
Thank you for supporting Rise of Kingdoms!