Complete guide to Ragnar Lodbrok in Rise of Kingdoms. Let’s take an in-depth quick look at his skills, talent trees, and the other tips for making the most of him!
Vikings | Legend of the North
Leadership | Conquering | Attack
Bjorn Ironside and Ragnar Lodbrok are both getting released in the huge Rise of Kingdoms Update of the Vikings.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Excellent Legendary Commander for Open-Field and Attack cities.
- Great attack buff.
- Specialized in leading all types of units.
- Great reduction healing effects.
- Great damage reduction.
- Great troops capacity when launching a rally.
- Does not have any healing factor.
- Does not have Skill damage.
Ragnar Lodbrok, one of the most fearful Vikings in universal history, arrives in Rise of Kingdoms as an absolute conqueror, excellent for Rally and Open-field, his troop capacity, healing effects reduction and constant attack buff make him a fearsome commander.
“Power of the King” is the active skill, which does not have damage, however, it increases the attack of his troops by 30% and at the same time reduces the damage he takes.
“The Raven”, his most powerful passive skill, increases his attack even more and has a chance to reduce the healing effects on his enemy by up to 40% for 3 seconds, excellent.
As a great conqueror, his damage increases when attacking cities by 10%, “The Horn ‘s Call” also has a troop capacity increased by 10% when he launches a Rally “Lord of the North”, much better to attack cities.
In short, Ragnar increases the attack on cities by 70% and 60% for open-field, excellent.
Ragnar Lodbrok Skills Overview
Power of the King
Troops led by this commander deal 10% increased damage and take 5% reduced damage for 4 seconds.
- Damage Bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
- Damage Taken Reduced by 5%/7%/9%/12%/15%
Attack is increased by 5%. Normal attacks have a 10% chance to reduce the target’s healing effects by 20% for 3 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds.
- Attack Bonus: 5%/8%/11%/15%/20%
- Healing Effect Reduction: 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%
The Horn’s Call
Troops led by this commander deal 2% increased damage when attacking cities.
- Damage Bonus: 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%
Lord of the North
Troop capacity is increased by 2%. When this commander launches a rally, rallied troops gain 2% increased troop capacity.
- Troop Capacity Bonus: 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%
- Rallied Army Capacity Bonus: 2%/4%/6%/8%
Enhanced Skill: Power of the King
Troops led by this commander deal 40% increased damage and take 20% reduced damage for 5 seconds.
Best Ragnar Lodbrok Talent Trees
Open-field Build (Mixed Troops)
Ragnar does not have a specialization in leading units of the same type; however, his talents and skills make him a powerful versatile commander for open-field since we can combine both primary with this build and secondary, including mixed troops or using secondary.
- Buckler Shield: Reduces counterattack damage by 9%. Great talent for open-field.
- Armored Joints: Reduces all damage taken by 1.5%. Ragnar stronger.
- Unyielding: Increases counterattack damage dealt by 1.5%. Our troops will return more damage to our enemies.
- Burning Blood: Grants an additional 6 rage every time this commander’s troops are attacked. Good talent.
- Lord of War: When troops led by this commander enter battle, increases attack by (1.5% X Commander Star Level) %. Multiplying the maximum possible star, 6 x 1.5 = 9% Attack for our troops. Excellent!
- Effortless: During battles, increases all damage dealt by 2.5% every 10 seconds (up to a maximum of 10%). This talent is essential since in a maximum of 40 seconds of battle we can increase our attack by 10%. Great!
- Healing Herb: Enhances healing effects received by troops by 9%. Ragnar does not have any healing skills; however, we can use a secondary commander with this type of skill and increase the percentage of their healing thanks to this talent.
- Fresh Recruits: Increases maximum troop capacity by 3%. Excellent talent to increase our troop capacity.
- Hidden Wrath: Grants and additional 6 rage every time this commander’s troops are attacked. Nice!
- Armed to the Teeth: When armies led by this commander contain 3 or more different unit types, all damage dealt increased by 3%. Great talent for having mixed troops.
- Armored to the Teeth: When armies led by this commander contain 3 or more different unit types, all damage taken is reduced by 3%. Very good!
Rally Build (Mixed Troops)
When leading Rally, Ragnar increases the damage by 10% against cities, in addition to his troop capacity, this makes him a great warrior to specifically attack these garrisons.
If we talk about the talents, in general, they are quite versatile in the use of mixed troops as it increases your troop capacity even more, your damage and damage reduction in addition to other fundamental stats as a Conqueror.
- Moment of Triumph: This talent will increase the damage up to 9% of our troops led by Ragnar while maintaining their strength to more than 90%. Ideal to always reinforce our Rally when attacking some structure.
- Entrenched: Increases all damage dealt to strongholds by 3% and damage taken form stronghold garrison is reduces by 3%. Against any structure we will do and suffer less damage, excellent for this build.
Best Commanders Pairings for Ragnar Lodbrok
By choosing Ragnar as the Primary or Secondary commander for both open-field and rally, we are able to use him with any other commander, thanks to the fact that he does not have a specialty to lead a single type of troops.
Attacking a City with primary Attila, secondary Ragnar would not be a bad option since it enhances the attack of this cavalry and Attila, in addition to granting them a greater troop capacity and healing reduction.
Recommended Equipment for Ragnar Lodbrok
|40 days||Cavalry Attack +8%
Infantry Attack +3%
Archer Attack +3%
|72 days||Cavalry Defense +13%
Archer Health +6%
Infantry Health +4%
|48 days||Cavalry Defense +8%
Archer Attack +5%
|32 days||Archer Attack +4.5%
Infantry Attack +3%
Cavalry Attack +3%
|48 days||Archer Defense +8%
Cavalry Defense + 5%
|32 days||Archer Health +5.5%
Cavalry Attack +3%
|Total||272 days||Cavalry Attack + 22%
Cavalry Defense + 21%
Cavalry Health +0%
Archer Attack + 15.5%
Archer Defense + 7.5%
Archer Health +11.5%
Infantry Attack + 9%
Infantry Defense + 0%
Infantry Health +4%