Complete guide to Jadwiga in Rise of Kingdoms. Let’s take an in-depth quick look at her skills, talent trees, and the other tips for making the most of her!
Xiang Yu is getting released alongside Jadwiga in the same update.
Jadwiga – Holy Sovereign
Other | Holy Sovereign
Cavalry | Garrison | Mobility
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Cavalry Commander for garrison.
- Great damage skill in AOE.
- Great Skill damage reduction.
- Great Rapid Rage Regeneration.
- It does not have many functions to use it in PVE events.
- Does not have skills to heal troops during the battle.
- Legendary Cavalry Commander, garrison’s leader.
- Excellent talent builds and skills for Garrison.
- The first Rise of Kingdoms commander specialized in garrison defense using cavalry units.
- His role as a commander in both the Primary and Secondary position is excellent, he performs as a unique commander in his style, thanks to the effectiveness he has in any situation or task that we assign him.
Jadwiga Skills Overview
Might of the Pious
Active Skill | Rage Requirement: 1000
Deals direct damage to the current target (Damage Factor 900), and troops led by this commander deal 5% increased damage for next 3 seconds.
- Direct Damage Factor: 900 / 1000 / 1100 / 1300 / 1500
- Damage Bonus: 5% / 8% / 11% / 15% / 20%
Oath of Loyalty
While on the map, cavalry units gain 2% increased defense and 5% increased march speed. While commanding the garrison of a stronghold or your own city, cavalry units gain 4% increased defense and 4% increased health.
- Cavalry Defense (Map): 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
- Cavalry March Speed Bonus: 5% / 7% / 9% / 12% / 15%
- Cavalry Defense (Garrison): 4% / 8% / 12% / 16% / 20%
- Cavalry Health Bonus: 4% / 8% / 12% / 16% / 20%
Skill damage taken is reduced by 2%. While commanding the garrison of a stronghold or your own city, cavalry units deal 1% increased damage to archers, but take 5% increased damage from infantry.
- Skill Damage Taken Reduction: 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
Blade of Dodging
Troops led by this commander gain 2% increased skill damage. When they take skill damage, they gain 10 rage per second for 3 seconds. This effect can trigger at most once every 8 seconds.
- Skill Damage Bonus: 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
- Rage Restored: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50
Holy Lord of Poland
New Skill | Passive | Expertise
Troops led by this commander deal 10% increased damage to rallied troops. When the active skill is used, damage taken is reduced 10% for 4 seconds.
Best Jadwiga Talent Trees
“We talk about this build in case you want to use Jadwiga as a Primary commander, however, our recommendation is that she should be used as a Secondary commander to defend garrisons due the fact that the combination of her talents is not the best in Rise of Kingdoms for this job.”
Jadwiga as the first and only commander to date specialized in leading cavalry units to defend the garrison that has the ideal talents and skills for this task.
Her active skill “Might of the Pious” deals great direct damage to her enemy and at the same time increases the attack of the troops led under her command by 20% for 3s, something impressive to quickly defeat any attacker.
“Oath of Loyalty” is a passive skill for both open-field and garrison, however, it enhances the latter with high percentages of defense, excellent for defending any stronghold.
She has a great Rapid Rage Regeneration, thanks to “Blade of Dodging“, which also increases her damage skill, and “Holy Blessing” reduces the same damage that Jadwiga takes from her enemies.
- Impenetrable Fortifications: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, damage taken by the garrison from the attacking army is reduced by 6%. Excellent talent to reduce the damage received by our troops.
- Empty Fortress Stratagem: While this commander is serving as garrison commander, increases dealt to attacking armies by 6%. Jadwiga will hit our enemies even harder while commanding our Garrison.
- Impregnable: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, skill damage taken by the garrison is reduced by 15%. A powerful talent, very effective against high damage skill commanders like GK, Saladin, Guan Yu, YSG or Edward.
- Nowhere to Turn: When this commander is serving as garrison commander, grants an additional 6 rage every time the city is attacked. Our active skill will have less cooldown thanks to this talent.
- City Guardian: Increases watchtower attack by 15% when this commander is serving as a garrison commander. We will enhance the damage of our watchtower; the enemy casualties will be much greater.
- Kings Guard: Increases garrison attack, defense and health by 3% when this commander is serving as garrison commander (no effect when garrisoning cities). Excellent talent to improve the defense, resistance and attack of our troops garrisoned in Fortresses and Flags. Emphasize again that it doesn’t work when we defend Cities. Excellent for KVK.
- Saving Cross: Reduces skill damage taken by 9%. Jadwiga will take less damage from any skill the enemy uses
- Dragon Saber: Increases normal attack damage of all troops led by this commander by 1.5%. Like every cavalry commander, this is a fundamental talent for leading our army.
- Galea: Increases health of cavalry units by 3%. Jadwiga will make your mounts much stronger as a cavalry leader.
- Halberd: Cavalry units led by this commander deal an additional 9% damage to archer units. Excellent talent for dealing more damage to any enemy rally led by commanders and archer units.
This would be the only combination of Talents that we have for Jadwiga to defend garrisons, realistically they are not the best talents in the game and it would be more effective if we use it as a secondary commander against other leaders more specialized in defending garrison.
Best Commanders Pairings for Jadwiga
(Using Jadwiga as the Secondary)
Recommended Equipment for Jadwiga
|40 days||Cavalry Attack +8%|
|72 days||Cavalry Defense +13%|
|48 days||Cavalry Defense +8%|
|32 days||Cavalry Attack +3%|
|48 days||Cavalry Health +8%|
|32 days||Cavalry Attack +5.5%|
Attack + 16.5%
Defense + 21%
Who is Jadwiga?
Jadwiga, Queen of Poland, was born in 1373 and at the age of 11 she became the first queen in the history of the country. The church loved her for her piety, the people for her kindness, and the nobility for her meek disposition. Until the end of her life, she strengthened alliances with neighbors and protected Poland from enemies.
In 1384, two years after the death of her father, Jadwiga was elected to the kingdom by the archbishop of Krakow and crowned as “King of Poland”. Wanting to expand the borders of her country and carry her faith, she married the Lithuanian prince Jagiello on the condition that he and his people would accept Christianity for the sake of the union of Poland and Lithuania.
Jadwiga and Jagiello ruled together – and with great success. They resolved a long-standing conflict with the Teutonic Order, persuaded cousin Jagiello to abandon claims to the Lithuanian throne, and in 1387 reclaimed part of the territories of Ruthenia. Jadwiga also actively supported religious and scientific initiatives and funded the opening of colleges and universities.
Jadwiga died in 1399 in childbirth at the age of 25, but during her short life she managed to do a lot for Catholicism in Europe and the security of Poland. The Roman Catholic Church canonized her (declared a saint) in 1997.