Q1: Can the same characters be used on PC and Mobile?
- A1:A character can be used on both PC and mobile, but you can only use the same character on one platform at a time. The mobile and PC versions are the same, and will be updated simultaneously.
Q2: What new features does the PC version have? What makes it different to the mobile version?
- A2: The Windows version of Rise of Kingdoms is compatible with most PCs on the market and supports customizable screen sizes; go to Settings to adjust the window size and switch between windowed and fullscreen modes. You can also zoom in and out on the map by using the mouse wheel, and use keyboard shortcuts. The Mac version of Rise of Kingdoms is identical to the iOS version.
Q3: What are the system requirements for the PC version?
- A3: On Windows, we recommend using Windows 7 or higher. Mac users must have a Mac with an Apple M1 chip.
Q4: How does payment work on the PC version?
- A4: The Windows version supports payment platforms such as PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard. Due to current network issues, there may be a delay of up to 3 minutes between making a purchase and receiving it. If you have made a purchase and have yet to receive it, you can get help through in-game customer service (press your Avatar, then Settings, then Customer Service). Payment methods on the Mac version are the same as iOS.
Q5: What are the differences between the PC community and the mobile community?
- A5: On Windows, we have provided a web-based community page that better suits the PC client. Press the Community Portal button to access the community page, where you can read and take part in discussions. There is currently no way to log in directly to the community page. You can bookmark the community page to retain your login information and browse it when not playing the game. All content and information on the community page is the same on both the PC and mobile versions. The web-based community page is being continuously improved; if you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave your feedback on the community page. The community page on the Mac version is identical to iOS.
[Download, Updates, Installation, and Login Method]
Q6: I participated in the test version and haven’t uninstalled that version yet. Do I have to install the official PC version?
- A6: You can keep the test version. The launcher will automatically update to the latest version, so you don’t need to download and install RoK again. For future updates, you can just open the launcher, as it will automatically download the update.
Q7: The launcher is stuck at 0%, I cannot enter the game, and am receiving an error message regarding “GameAssembly.dll:503”.
- A7: Manually delete the file ‘version_map.txt’ from the game directory and try again.
Q8: The launcher has reached 100% and I can enter the game, but the Rise of Kingdoms logo does not appear and the game crashes on startup.
- A8: Check whether “MASS.exe” is located in the game’s directory. If it isn’t, it’s possible that your antivirus software is preventing you from playing the game. Exit your antivirus software and try to install RoK again. If you’ve ruled out your antivirus software, then contact Customer Service after getting the following files:
- Get save\log.txt from the game directory
- Get all files from C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\LocalLow\LegouTech\Rise of Kingdoms
Q9: Google login fails, and says “this browser or app may not be secure”.
- A9: Copy the link from the game login window and paste it into another browser on your computer to log in. Return to the game after login is successful.