Minamoto no Yoshitsune
Japan | Kamakura’s Warlord
Cavalry | Peacekeeping | Skill
Why Minamoto no Yoshitsune is Great?
- Cheapest Legendary Commander for early game – Only $0.99
- Extremely Versatile
- Good for Early, Mid and even Late game.
Minamoto no Yoshitsune’s Skills
|Active||Deals direct damage to the target and has a 50% chance to deal additional damage to the target each second for the next 2 seconds.||
Direct Damage Factor
600 / 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1400
200 / 280 / 360 / 480 / 600
This is Minamoto’s main bread-and-butter skill. This is where most of his output damage comes from. It deals direct damage to one target, up to 2600 damage in total in 2 seconds.
Due to the 75% chance, in PvP, you tend to get this to proc a lot because the battles aren’t over in an instant so this is a very valuable skill.
This is an insane skill that makes Minamoto no Yoshitsune excellent for even Free-to-Play Players!
Obviously, if you’re going to get Minamoto, do not unlock him past the first skill until you get this skill to level 5.
Trial in Kurama-dera
|Passive||Increase cavalry units’ march speed and attack.||
Cavalry March Speed Bonus
3% / 4.5% / 6% / 8% / 10%
Cavalry Attack Bonus
10% / 12% / 14% / 16% / 20%
Very standard skill but also very nice. 10% mark speed which is always good for cavalry and then another 20% attack bonus which is pretty insane. Ottoman civilization is definitely a good one to have if your main focus is cavalry nuking.
Defense and health can help but you really want to maximize what you’re good at in this game! So if you’re going cavalry, you want attack bonuses because
that directly affects the skill damage bonuses that you have in the game.
Master of Kendo
|Passive||Increases damage dealt to barbarians by troops led by this commander.||
Bonus Damage to Barbarians
10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50%
50% damage to Barbarians is actually very huge. So good for forts, barbarians, Keorak, bosses and all PvE contents. We can see that Minamoto seems to be very good at both PvP and PvE.
|Passive||Troops’ normal attack have a 10% chance to increase damage taken by the target for the next 3 seconds. Effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds.||
Damage Taken Increased By
10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%
If you can get the skill to be triggered either from the primary or secondary commander in the pairing. 30 more damage bonus (including both skill and troop damage) is an insane bonus.
The damage is taken by the target, it’s not just based on your commander, so if you are attacking the target with multiple armies and this skill gets triggered, then you’ve got multiple skills propping on the target, this stacks with everything else that’s hitting the target. Super effective on the battlefield.
10 percent chance seems low, but you tend to be fighting for quite a while so this procs quite often.
|Expertise||Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 1400) to the target and has a 75% chance to deal additional damage (Damage Factor 600) to the target each second for the next 2 seconds.|
Basically it increases the chance for the first skill from 50% to 75%, that’s a lot!
I definitely recommend getting this commander maxed out If you want to mainly focus on him (or you do not have enough resources to focus on anyone else)
How should I use Minamoto?
You can use him in any cavalry dispactch.
– He is great as either primary commander or secondary commander.
– Great for nuking single target and raiding enemies farming resources.
You can use him in mixed troop dispatches as well. Both primary and secondary position are great.
During the early game and mid game, when you don’t have any great archer commander, you can use him as well. However, it’s better to use him as the secondary commander for an archer primary commander.
Level & Skill Upgrade Priority
- Keep him at 1⭐until you max out his first skill.
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of money for him, just get him to 4 ⭐immediately now.
- If you are willing to spend some money for him, upgrade him to 2⭐then max out his 2nd skill and get him to 4⭐.
- If you are not planning to use him in the future as the primary commander, you can stop spending XP on him.
Minamoto no Yoshitsune Talent Tree
This talent tree is pretty well optimized. It’s excellent for attacking other players other cities, other objectives, and Ark of Osiris players on the open-field. You have almost every single march speed here.
I use this build with Saladin but it also does work well with almost other commanders.
Pay attention to the Latent Power talent, it boosts the damage of the additional damage.
Because Saladin does not have any additional damage, I only give Latent Power 1 point. But If your Secondary commander has a lot of additional damage like Pelagius, Frederick, Osman etc, you want to maximize this talent.
So, this is the best overall build that you can use in the open-field and not paring with commanders that have a lot of additional damage.
This is the hardcore, full nuking talent tree for Minamoto.
We still have the Emblazoned Shield here, which provides skill damage reduction. It’s like a must-have talent for any PvP build that you have on the battlefield for a cavalry commander.
We have Latent Power, the most nuking damage in the game. Pair him up with Frederick, Pelagius, Osman or any commander that has insane additional damage factor bonus.
If you want to use Minamoto no Yoshitsune as a peacekeeping commander or If you want to use her as the second dispatch’s primary commander, this talent tree is very worth a try.
It maximizes the most output damage possible to the neutral units while still providing great march speed and the highest skill damage possible.
- Genghis Khan: The best commander in the game for cavalry. He’s got the most nuke damage in the game for a cavalry commander. This is a golden paring. You can use either as the primary commander. It doesn’t matter a lot.
- Cao Cao: Great replacement for Genghis Khan If you do not have him. This is a quality paring that will never go away.
- Saladin: He would be a great choice whenever we are in the open-field. He also makes the troops tankier due to his crowd control skills that reduce the healing of enemies and reduce the skill damage you’re taking.
- Pelagius: They synergize so well together. He gives you more rage and some healing effects. He synergizes really well with the Latent Power skill of the skill tree mentioned above. It is recommended to use him before you max out your Cao Cao or Genghis Khan.
- YSG: He is always a good pairing for anybody as the secondary commander. Except for his 2nd skill, the others work really well with any type of nuking commander. You will never get disappointed.
- Alexander: He has a lot of great skills for infantry units. His Expertise really synergizes well with Minamoto fourth skill so there’s a lot of damage reduction and damage increase. They can deal with seriously significant damage.
- Osman: Another excellent cheap option for the secondary slot. He is definitely the best epic nuker in the game and is much stronger when coupled with Minamoto due to his additional damage factors.
Guide shared by Dragonthien