Complete guide regarding the new 5 vs 5 game-mode in Rise of Kingdoms, Champions of Olympia.
Champions of Olympia is such a fresh air into the Rise of Kingdoms world! This new mode is super fun and pretty addictive. It is F2P friendly than any other game mode or event.
During this event, you will join 5v5 battles of 10 minutes, fight against the enemies to capture the Olympia flags. Hold the flags as long as possible to earn more points and win the match!
This is like a MOBA game style, which is very interesting if you want to try something new in the game!
Quick Champions of Olympia Guide
Champions of Olympia is a 5 vs. 5 game mode.
Each player will be able to use 3 marches with given troops.
Regardless of your power, you will play with T5 units in this event and the troops will be given automatically based on the commanders you use. For example, if you use Aethflead as the primary commander, she will command mixed troops. If you use an Archer commander, you will be given Archer units.
The only buffs that work here are city skin and equipment stats.
Player can invite 4 other friends to the same team or can just randomly find the matches.
A match lasts for 10 minutes.
The map has 3 lanes and 5 flags.
- 1 flag at each side’s starting point.
- 1 flag in the middle
- 1 flag on each side-lane.
Players need to do the battles to capture the flags and start earning points while holding them. The longer you holding it, the more points you get.
Capture the flag by staying in the circle around it for 5 seconds.
If both teams are inside the circle and fighting, the team that has the most marches will keep maintaining the flag if it’s theirs, or start counting to 5 to capture it.
You have to battle inside the circle because you need to bring as many marches into it as possible. You will not be able to see the enemies on the map if you or your friends are not close to them.
There is a bar in the circle showing the score of each team based on the number of dispatches you have. The more marches you have inside the circle, the faster you can capture it.
After capturing the flag, you can move your armies to the small circle nearby to heal your troops. It takes about 20 seconds to fully recover your troops.
You have to choose the skills at the beginning of the match. There are 4 skills you can use in the battle via the menu at the bottom right of the screen, including active and passive skills. There are skills that buff damage, speed, heal, or even turn you into a watchtower.
There is also a new type of health bar in Champions Olympia, which is called Morale. It is the blue bar next to your HP bar.
When you are surrounded, when a nearby teammate falls, or when you lose a type of troop, your morale falls, making your fighting power decreased. The Morale regens over time.
If your marches die, it takes 60 seconds to respawn. However, if you already own a flag, you can revive them much quicker, in just 20 seconds!
Don’t forget that there is a mini-map at the top right of the screen where you can quickly see the situation of the battle, how many flags you have captured, where your friends are, etc. to keep things balanced. If you focus too much in the middle lane, you could lose the other lanes, making you lose the entire battle.
You have to use the Legendary commanders in this event for now. Hopefully, this will be available for Epic Commanders also in the future!
Depending on your commanders, each player in “Champions of Olympia” should have different roles. We can say that there are 3 types of players in “Champions of Olympia“:
- Offensive: These are players who have strong Cavalry or Archer commanders, who are easy to move around the map constantly to recover and attack positions.
- Defensive: Players with strong Infantry commanders, ideal for protecting positions even when attacking, Keeping the flag safe is their main priority.
- Support: Players with a more passive approach, smart players I would say, avoid going solo fights and ensure the score of the team to achieve victory.
|Your city hall must be at least level 11 to enter the “Champions of Olympia” battlefield|
|10 Governors will be divided into two teams of five, who will do battle on a brand-new map. Each map has its own unique gameplay.|
|Matches and teams can be cross-server. You can invite other Governors from any Kingdom to join your team, or let the system find a team for you.|
|Each Governor can deploy three troops, each of which will use units provided by the system. Troops cannot be changed once the battle starts.|
|Each Governors gets to choose one Blessing, as well some skills tied to that specific Blessing which can be used to help you on the battlefield.|
Tips for Champions of Olympia
- Before the battle starts, move the marches immediately to the first circle to gain the first points quickly.
- This mode is about organizing strategy and teamwork. It’s not just about kills! If you have fewer kills but more capture time, you will still win!
- There is a skill allowing transform a march into a tower. You cannot utilize the skills of your commanders and cannot target any specific enemy but you will have a bigger range and better tanking ability. If you have an archer commander, you will have the bonus.
- Be fast and rotate quickly!
- Make sure your team has a good way to communicate such as using a voice chat system like Discord.
- Try to distract as many marches as possible while your teammates are grabbing the other flags.
- If you don’t have any top-tier commanders, it’s totally fine to have your fastest marches taking points and rotating fast when your team has the advantages.
- It’s not recommended to split your marches to multiple flags at once.
- The middle flag is the most congested part of the map. If you are new or weaker, try to avoid it.
- It’s not a good idea to just let your troops die as they take 1 minute to respawn.
- Always try to maintain the occupation of 3/5 flags. Maybe you can go for the 4th or 5th flag if the battle becomes easy but better to just stay defending 3/5 and keep the advantage over the enemy team.
- Use the road at all times when moving between flags, this increases the march speed considerably to support or attack flags faster.
- Don’t let your marches fall in combat, whenever they are injured, pull them back in time using the road and heal them at your nearest flag. Whenever they fall, you would be ineffective for almost 1 minute.
- Play smart, if you have strong enemies, avoiding some fights is a strategy and it is not cowardly. You win by playing smart to capture the flags, not killing.
- “The Forest” is one of the main features in “Champions of Olympia” to create strategies and avoid enemies, it limits the vision of the troops. It is important to capture the corresponding flag of this point and take advantage of key moments, thanks to its poor vision and elusive chances of avoiding persecution.
- Don’t fight outside the flags, this is a bad strategy because it makes our defending or attacking position ineffective and the enemy can take it to get points.
- Always keep the occupation of our first flag, if the enemy takes it, they can attack from any point and not let you get to the starting area to recover points, it is the most important flag.
- The middle flag is extremely important to possess, thanks to the fast access route that it provides to the remaining 4. You can heal your troops with it and then quickly support any of the other 4 flags in just a few seconds.
- Avoiding the “Swamp” points indicated on the map decreases our defense and march speed.
- Watch the retreat of the enemy, their troops will go to heal at their nearest flag but while they are attacked within that point, they will not be able to heal.
- Use the selected skills wisely both in defensive and offensive positions as they have a Cooldown of 180s.
Each governor can choose a Blessing. Each Blessing lends itself towards a different fighting style by granting players complementary abilities and skills which can help you attain victory.
Bravery: Ares lives to fight. Warrior with his blessing and fierce and fearless on the battlefield ever-ready to charge into the fray.
Swiftness: Coming soon…
Wisdom: Coming soon…
Shadow: Coming soon…
Recommended Skill Build
Recommended Skills for Each Role
At the moment, we only have a few skills available in Champions of Olympia. However, it is still super important to use these skills in a right combinations to create the greatest possible impact in the battle.
Being an attacker, you must have strong damage output
- “Master of the Battlefield“, a mastery skill that increases the damage dealt considerably.
- “Fearless Roar” is an impressive skill that increases the damage per stack
- “Master of the Battlefield” works perfectly with Fearless Roar, both use and increase the damage/stack mastery per attack!
As a defensive position role, you must use infantry commanders in most cases!
- “Bloodlust” is a great addition to constantly healing empowers commanders with infantry or leadership talents, increasing morale in combats, something really unique and strong.
- “Lead the Charge” is an incredible skill for the most resistant infantry march while the rest can continue doing great damage.
A role focused on contributing more to the team by capturing flags and moving quickly around the map to support each position.
Players can use a variety of skills but nevertheless, it is important to have “Marching Tune” to cause great damage and support the victory. For the march speed, use the skill “Swift March” to arrive and support each flag or capture quickly.
There are 4 skills you can use in total, including 1 active and 3 passive skills. Players must choose a specific skill for each skill slot from the skill list!
- Cornerstone Skills
- 2nd Skills
- 3rd Skills
- Common Skills
All out (Passive)
Allows your troops to change into an arrow tower, dealing direct damage to a nearby enemy troop once every 2 seconds (Damage Factor 1,000).
Troop will remain In arrow tower state until actively changed back by the Governor (tap on the troop to see the transform button). Each troop has an individual transformation cooldown of 120 seconds.
If the primary commander of a troop in tower form has the Integration talent, the tower can attack two enemies at the same time.
If the primary commander has the Archer or Leadership talent, each attack while in tower form has a 50% chance to deal additional damage (Damage Factor 1,000). All troops take 20% more damage while in tower form.
Master of Battlefield Master of Battlefield (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 180 seconds
For the next 40 seconds, all troops gain a stack of Mastery with each normal attack for 10 seconds, increasing all damage dealt by 3% per stack. When a troop has 10 stacks of Mastery, all units will gain 30% increased attack, or 60% if the primary commander has the Cavalry or Leadership talent, for 20 seconds.
Bloodlust (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 180 seconds
For the next 40 seconds, your troops will be healed every third time they take damage from a normal attack (Healing Factor 1,000). If the primary commander has the Infantry or Leadership talent, troops will recover Morale as well (Recovery Factor 200).
Slice and Dice (Passive Skill)
After one of your troops deals skill damage 3 times, their next instance of skill damage will also damage up to 3 nearby enemy troops in a circular area (Damage Factor 500).
Relentless Strikes (Active Skill)
Cooldown 180 seconds
For the next 40 seconds, your troops make two normal attacks per turn.
Vengeful Strike (Passive Skill)
Each time your troops lose 5% of their units, they deal skill damage to all nearby enemies (Damage Factor 500), and take 15% reduced damage for 3 seconds.
Marching Tune (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Choose a visible area, and deal skill damage to all enemy troops in that area (Damage Factor 4,000).
Fearless Roar (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Your troops immediately gain 50% increased march speed for 15 seconds, as well as 5 stacks of Mastery (all damage dealt +3% per stack for 10 seconds).
Lead the Charge (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Choose a troop under your command, which will taunt up to 5 nearby enemies and take 50% reduced damage for 5 seconds. This troop also recovers Morale (Recovery Factor 500).
Field Surgery (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Heals all of your troops (Healing Factor 5,000).
Swift March (Active Skill)
Cooldown: 180 seconds
All your troops gain 30% increased march speed for 15 seconds.
Crowd Control Effects
Some skills can give governors new ways to control enemy troops. Affected troops will be marked to indicate which skills affect them.
These effects are as follows:
Stunned troops cannot march, use normal attacks, or active skills.
Silenced troops cannot use active skills.
Taunted enemies must target the taunting troops with normal attacks.
Buffs have some restrictions in Champions of Olympia!
Buffs that are activated after leaving the battlefield midway cannot take effect in the battle.
Additionally, the following buffs will not take effect under any situation:
|Buffs From Items||Buffs from Holy Sites||Alliance Technology|
|Alliance Skills||Alliance Title Buffs||Lost Kingdom Buffs|
|Kingdoms Tittle Buffs||Kingdoms Buffs||Rune Buffs|
|While on the Champions of Olympia battlefield, your troops will have a morale counter|
|When your troops are surrounded, their unit types are countered, or a nearby ally falls, they will lose morale. Conversely, they will gain morale when an enemy is defeated.|
|When their morale is reduced to zero, their fighting power will be dramatically decreased.|
|When they are not being attacked, your troops will slowly regain morale.|
The Map: Echo Canyon
- Capture Flags
- Getting Points
- Attain Victory
|The more allied troops there are standing near a flag, the faster it will be captured. Captured flags give your team points every second.|
Replenishment Point (1/2)
|Once you’ve captured an Olympia flag, a nearby Replenishment Point will be activated. Move your troops there to start a countdown which can be interrupted if your troops get attacked or actively move.|
Replenishment Point (2/2)
|When the countdown ends, your troops at the Replenishment Point will restore all units and your fallen troops will also revive there.|
|One of the unique landforms of Echo Canyon. Troops move slower through the forest, but have an easier time hiding. Other troops must get closer than normal to discover troops hiding in the forest.|
|One of the unique landforms of Echo Canyon. Troops move slower and have slightly decreased defense in the swamp.|
|One of the unique landforms of Echo Canyon. Troops will march much faster while on a road.|
Tap the zoom button on the mini-map to see the big map.
Tap a target on the big map to give orders to your troops. For example, tapping an allied troop’s icon will order your troops to rally to them. Tapping an empty space on the map will send a “Watch Out” message.
Tap and hold a target icon and signal your teammates to hold on, retreat or reinforce after sending a signal, you must wait a little while before sending another one.
What is MVP?
The MVP, or most valuable player, of each game is awarded to the player who performs the most actions per minute and provides the most support to the team.
Sometimes, you can see MVP players having fewer kills than others because of the constant crucial support he/she provides in each part of the map.
Capturing flags in from enemy positions is one of the strongest factors of the score system. Each tick that you increase in the flag marker in your favor is very crucial.
It is also important to not let your troops die too much.
Champions of Olympia Rewards
The rewards are very easy to obtain and there are two sets of them:
And you can obtain a ton of rewards by completeing the following achievementts:
|Use Skills 10 Times||
|Use Skills 20 Times||
|Capture and Control an Olympia Flag for 5 minutes.||
|Capture and Control an Olympia Flag for 20 minutes.||
|Kill 50, 000 Enemy Units.||
|Kill 100, 000 Enemy Units.||
|Fight 1 Battles Using the Bravery Blessing||
|Fight 3 Battles Using the Bravery Blessing||
|Become the MVP 1 Time||
|Become the MVP 2 Time||
Champions of Olympia Event Rules
1. Your city hall must be at least level 11 to enter the “Champions of Olympia” battlefield.
2. Each Governor can deploy 3 troops, each of which will use units provided by the system. Troops cannot be changed once the battle starts.
3. Governors are allowed to equip special skills to gain an edge in battle.
4. This battlefield’s format: Two teams of five Governors fight for control of Olympia flags, occupying them for a steady stream of points. The team with the most points will be declared the winner.
5. Once you’ve captured an Olympia flag, a nearby Replenishment Point will be activated. If you move your troops there, you will be able to restore their units or revive fallen troops. Replenishment takes time and will be interrupted if your troops get attacked or actively move.
6. Fallen troops will spawn at the Spawn Zone even if you don’t revive them at a Replenishment Point.
7. While on the battlefield, your troops will have a Morale counter. If their Morale is reduced to zero, their fighting power will be dramatically decreased.
8. You will earn rewards based on the number of victories you achieve. Up to three victory rewards can be won in each event period.
The ruined halls of Olympia stand in testament to its former glory. Statues of glorious heroes, legendary beauties, and glorious battles long forgotten stand testament to an age long forgotten.
This time, you will rewrite the lost history.
Will you fight with strategic wisdom for the Delian League of Athens, or revel in the heat and chaos of battle with the Peloponnesian League of Sparta? Who will the gods favor, and which party will honor its patron deity with victory?
The choice is yours.
Some tips and info are shared by Allaboutfootball23!