Complete guide to Bjorn Ironside in Rise of Kingdoms. Let’s take an in-depth quick look at his skills, talent trees, and the other tips for making the most of her!
Vikings | King of Kattegat
Infantry | Conquering | Skill
Bjorn Ironside and Ragnar Lodbrok are both getting released in the huge Rise of Kingdoms Update of the Vikings.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Epic Infantry Commander good for open-field and attacking cities.
- Good damage skill in AOE
- Strong buff and debuff by probability percentages.
- Does not have the skills to heal troops during the battle.
- He is slow, it will be slowed down in multiple ways if we want to escape.
- He is an Epic commander, good for the beginning of the game, however, later he will become weaker in front of other higher-rarity commanders.
Bjorn is a leading epic commander of the Viking Civilization in Rise of Kingdoms specializing in leading Infantry. Players can obtain him in multiple ways 100% free.
“Viking Lord” is an excellent skill for his specialty. “Fearless Fighter” is his active skill that deals good damage in addition to increasing this same skill damage that he inflicts on his enemy for 3s with 10% effective probability.
Bjorn is a commander specialized in conquest while having the “Longboat Marauder” increasing the damage when attacking cities by 15%, excellent, even higher damage than some Legendary commanders!
Bjorn Ironside Skills Overview
Deals direct damage to the target (Damage Factor 200), increasing their skill damage taken by 2% for 3 seconds.
- Direct Damage Factor: 200 / 250 / 300 / 400 / 500
- Skill Damage Taken Increased by 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
Troops led by this commander gain 2% increased attack when attacking cities.
- Attack Bonus: 2% / 5% / 8% / 11% / 15%
Normal attacks have a 10% chance to deal direct damage to the target (Damage Factor 300). This skill can trigger once every 5 seconds.
- Direct Damage Factor: 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 / 800
Infantry units led by this commander gain 2% increased attack and 2% increased defense.
- Infantry Attack Bonus: 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
- Infantry Defense Bonus: 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
Enhanced Skill: Fearless Fighter
Deals direct damage to the target (Damage Factor 200), causing the target and up to 2 nearby enemies in a forward-facing fan-shaped area to take 15% increased skill damage for 3 seconds.
Best Bjorn Ironside Talent Trees
If we want to use Bjorn as a primary commander to lead Rally, he is a good option at the beginning of the game both for his civilization and for the buff of his skills and talents!
However, as already said, as the game progresses, they will be more powerful commanders who are much more effective than Bjorn, eventually making him a secondary commander.
- Marionette: Reduces damage taken from watchtowers by 15%. Ideal for having the least possible loss of troops and taking less damage during our attack. It only works against cities, as these are the only ones that have watchtowers.
- Signal Flare: Increases damage dealt to watchtowers by 15%. Our direct attack against the watchtowers of the enemy city will be rewarded with extra damage essential for a quick victory.
- Tear of Blessing: As a great Conqueror talent it will help us reduce the loss of troops during our Attack to a maximum of 9%, we must reach this talent if we want to conquer.
- Heraldic Shield: Reduces skill damage taken by 6%. If we attack cities or strongholds the defending commanders will launch powerful skills depending on who they are, even our Bjorn can suffer direct attacks from other enemy armies or rallies, this talent will reduce a percentage of any of those damages by skills of enemy commanders who attack us.
- Tactical Mastery: Increases active skill damage by 3%. Much more skill damage to burn.
- All for One: After the primary commander uses a skill, active skill damage of the secondary commander is increased by 6%. When attacking cities, we must have a good secondary commander, if he has a powerful ability, he will be ideal for this talent.
- Burning Blood: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage. When attacking cities, we must have a good secondary commander, if he has a powerful ability, he will be ideal for this talent.
- Clarity: After using an active skill, increases skill damage by 6% for the next 6 seconds. Great!
- Rejuvenate: Instantly restores 60 rage whenever a skill is used. Perfect for maintaining our Active Skill by hitting much more often during combat.
- Double-Headed Axe: Increases normal attack damage by 1.5%. An extra damage gain for our troops.
- Call of the Pack: When the army led by this commander has been reduced to 50% strength, increases defense of all troops by 6%. By attacking cities or strongholds thanks to this talent we will keep our troops much more defensive when we have lost 50% of our units
- Strong of Body: Increases health of infantry units by 6%. Powerful talent.
As a commander specialized in Infantry, Bjorn is very good for open-field thanks to his strong talents and skills!
Being an epic commander, he is highly recommended for F2P players who wish to have a good infantry march, Bjorn ensures a lot of effectiveness of your troops in open-field combat.
When using Bjorn as the primary commander for Open-field, you must always keep in mind that he is an Epic commander and may be forced to back down against commanders much more powerful in rarity, however, he is still a good commander for F2P players and is can say that one of the best in terms of Civilization and Epic Infantry.
- This time we will not use any of the talents of “Conquering”
- Feral Nature: Normal attack have a 10% to grant an additional 100 rage. If luck favors us this talent will be very useful while we are fighting since our Rage regeneration will increase by 100 points with that luck of 10%.
- Iron Spear: Infantry units led by this commander deal an additional 9% damage to cavalry units. As we know Bjorn is a leading infantry commander, ideal for fighting and defeating units and cavalry commanders, this talent will be essential if we fight against these.
- Undying Fury: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage. “Undying Fury” + “Burning Blood” = 18 additional rage per attack.
- Hold the Line: When the army led by this commander contains only infantry units, gives troops a 10% chance to reduce damage taken by 20% for the next 2 seconds after being attacked. Excellent!
Best Commanders Pairings for Bjorn Ironside
Bjorn is an Epic commander, so the recommended Pairings are based on your available commanders. If you are a F2P player, these can be a very effective main march.
Best Equipment for Bjorn Ironside
Being an Epic commander, it is advisable to use “Elite” level equipment! They are a great option for this commander.
|12 Days||Infantry Attack +4.5%
March Speed +3%
|12 Days||Infantry Defense +4.5%
March Speed +3%
|18 Days||Infantry Health +5%|
|7 Days||Infantry Attack +4%
Infantry Health +1%
|12 Days||Infantry Attack + 6%|
|8 Days||Infantry Defense +2.5%
March Speed +3%
Attack + 14.5%
Defense + 7%
Health + 6%
March Speed +9%