In this guide you can find all of the information regarding Alexander the Great in Rise of Kingdoms: Skill information, talent tree, commander pairings and equipment recommendations!
Alexander The Great and Æthelflæd were released in the huge June 2019 update.
Alexander The Great
Others| World Conqueror
Infantry | Versatility| Attack
- Legendary Infantry Commander, Alexander the Great, is one of the strongest defenders in the game.
- He is a Tank commander, resistant, defensive and despite his great endurance capacity, he is still an offensive commander in turn since he improves the infantry’s attack to more than 60%.
- Alexander as an infantry commander has an almost impenetrable defence, his skills both active and passive make him a strong leader capable of pushing back any enemy.
- His role as a commander in both the Primary and Secondary game is excellent, he performs as a unique commander in his style thanks to the effectiveness he has in any situation or task that we assign him.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Infantry Commander with great defense and resistance, ideal for long battles.
- Its active skill absorbs large amount of damage from our enemies, strong protection.
- His impeccable defense is very effective in whatever form he uses (Garrison (Secondary) or Open Field).
- We will only have a fixed Build to suit everyone and our recommendation. Alexander is an offensive infantry commander.
- Alexander makes good use of his units and perfects them on the battlefield, he even has a high healing reduction factor for any commander who uses this type of skill.
- He is slow for being an infantry commander, however, among these he is one of the fastest.
- Alexander has no talents or PVE skills, although he is resistant, he is not the one for this role.
- Does not have a healing factor for troops.
Shield of the King
|Alexander the Great puts up a powerful shield for 4 seconds and at the same time puts up a second, smaller shield for the nearby friendly army with the lowest percentage of troops remaining for 2 seconds (Alexander’s own army cannot gain this shield).
Lead the Charge
|When incoming damage would be reduced on the map, replace the damage reduction. Each normal attack agains a 10% chance to deal extra damage as well as to reduce the target’s healing effects by 10% for 5 seconds.
|Increases infantry march speed on the map by 10% and attack by 10%
Battle of Chaeronea
|Increases attack after using an ability. When his shield is activated, the bonus changes to defense.
Son of Amun
Enhanced: Shield of the King
Immediately put up a shield which can absorb a large amount of damage (Damage Factor 1200) for 4 seconds. At the same time, Alexander puts up a second, smaller shield for the nearby friendly army with the lowest percentage of troops remaining (Damage Factor 600) for 2 seconds, and increases the damage taken overtime by nearby enemies (up to 3 targets) by 30% for 4 seconds.
Best Talent Tree for Alexander the Great
In this build, we will explain what are the best advantages in the talents and skills of Alexander to have his shield in any battle.
As an infantry commander, he has talents: Versatility, Attack and Infantry, that is, we are in the presence of a commander purely oriented to improve his statistics of defense, attack and resistance offensively, however despite not having Defense talents like other great legendary in Rise of Kingdoms, this continues to be a robust commander.
“Shield of the King” is his active skill, when Alexander raises his shield he absorbs a certain amount of damage and in turn benefits the closest ally with the lowest percentage of troops remaining.
“Lead of Charge” an kill that makes us immune to damage reduction while we are fighting in Open Field, gives us a chance to inflict direct damage and in turn reduces the healing factor of any commander we attack, it is an excellent skill.
The infantry is slow, however, “Frontline Commander” will make this a fast unit in Open Field, it will also increase its attack, both bonus + 30%.
“Battle of Chaeronea” is his 4th skill that has two ways of use, while his shield is raised it will increase our defense by 30%, after it falls our units will gain 40% more attack.
His ultimate skill improves his “Shield of King” affecting nearby enemies (up to a maximum of 3) and they will receive 30% more damage for 4 seconds.
From his first skill to the last, they are all important, Alexander is an excellent commander to which we must dedicate our Golden Sculptures if we are looking for a true leader within Rise of Kingdoms, for them we must also have strong talents that will be explained below:
- This time we will not use any of the talents of “Versatility”. This is not a recommended talent tree for any commander in the game.
- Armored Joints: Reduces all damage taken by 1.5%. Alexander more strong.
- Unyielding: Increases counterattack damage dealt by 1.5%. Our troops will return more damage to our enemies.
- Burning Blood: Grants an additional 6 rage every time this commander’s troops are attacked. Good talent.
- Lord of War: When troops led by this commander enter battle, increases attack by (1.5% X Commander Star Level) %. Multiplying the maximum possible star, 6 x 1.5 = 9% Attack for our troops. Excellent!
- Effortless: During battles, increases all damage dealt by 2.5% every 10 seconds (up to a maximum of 10%). Thanks to his great resistance, Alexander in open field will be a difficult commander to defeat, ideal for long battles, this talent is essential since in a maximum of 40 seconds of battle we can increase our attack by 10%. Great!
- Iron Spear: Infantry units led by this commander deal an additional 9% damage to cavalry units. Alexander is a leading infantry commander, ideal for fighting and defeating units and cavalry commanders, this talent will be essential if we fight against these.
- Undying Fury: Normal attacks grant an additional 9 rage.
- Double-Headed Axe: Increases normal attack damage by 1.5%. An extra damage gain for our troops.
- Call of the Pack: When the army led by this commander has been reduced to 50% strength, increases defense of all troops by 6%. This talent is perfect for long battles, it will make our commander and troops stay much longer fighting thanks to this defense gain.
- Strong of Body: Increases health of infantry units by 6%. We will have an infantry with much more health in open field.
- Hold the Line: When the army led by this commander contains only infantry units, gives troops a 10% chance to reduce damage taken by 20% for the next 2 seconds after being attacked. Excellent!
- Snare of Thorns: Gives normal attacks a 10% chance to reduce target march speed by 20% for the next 2 seconds. Even if it is by probability, it can be very useful if we pursue an enemy while attacking it.
- Elite Soldiers: When the army led by this commander contains only infantry units, attack, defense and health are increased by 2.5%. Perfect! We should only use infantry units.
Alexander will be able to face any enemy on the battlefield, he is a great commander in open field even defending structures due to his great ability to absorb damage, but he does not have “Defense” or “Garrison” talents as we have explained. This build is focused on open field where its performance is special.
If we choose Alaxander to defend structures or cities, he must be a secondary commander for the use only of his skills that will increase the statistics of his garrisoned units and will support his primary commander, this if he must have talents of “Garrison” or “Defense”, of this way we will have an absolute defense thanks to the perfect balance and strength of Alaxander the Great.
We will only have a fixed Build to suit everyone and our recommendation. Alexander is an offensive infantry commander.
Best Commanders Pairings for Alexander
Recommended Equipment for Alexander
|22 Days||Cavalry Defense +3%
Infantry Defense +5%
Archer Defense +5%
|3.5 Days||Infantry Health +2%
Archer Defense +2%
Damage to Barbarians +3%
|14 Days||Infantry Attack +3%
Archer Health +3%
Commander EXP Gain +3%
|18 Days||Cavalry Health +2%
Infantry Health +1%
March Speed +3%
|14 Days||Infantry Defense + 3%
Archer Defense +3%
Commander EXP Gain +3%
|15 Days||Cavalry Health +2%
Infantry Defense +1%
March Speed +3%
Attack + 3% + 2% Bonus
Defense + 9%
Health + 4%
March Speed + 6%